Ten things (give or take a few) that I have done and you probably haven’t:
1) Lived in the ruins of Houdini’s mansion in the Hollywood Hills (in the gatehouse, which is the only section still standing).
2) Smuggled cocaine out of Peru.
3) Been held hostage for three days, which mainly involved sitting around a small apartment watching Spanish soaps (Colorina) with three boys who didn’t look old enough to shave, let alone carry guns.
4) Smoked pot with John Barrymore, Jr.
5) Harlan Ellison once told me I was beautiful.
6) I once stepped outside of time, or into an altered state of conciousness (without drugs); it felt as though only a few minutes had passed, but in fact it was hours. All senses were expanded/sharpened, rather like it must be if you could slip into a wolf’s body for a bit. No, I’ve never been able to re-create it.
7) Met Timothy Leary, John Belushi and once I had Barry Levinson in my house.
8) Fenced in the National Championships.
That’s all – I couldn’t come up with ten. And I’m NOT going to talk about most of these, of course, it was a lifetime ago…so don’t ask about #2, 3 or 6.