Well, I suppose I shouldn’t have waited to go ride – the weather is HORRIBLE. :(
I’ve been working on a project that someone from the stable wanted to do with me, which is a paid-content equestrian site. I’ve been taking a lot of time thinking about it, as I just don’t know how you could make it viable. Paid content sites are tough; Nerve is one of the few that I think does it successfully. I have a Nerve subscription – or at least I did at one time. I don’t know if it would work for an equestrian site.
Speaking of horses, someone at the stable just had to put her horse down. The mare had stepped on a nail, driving it up through the frog into the navicular bursae. They trailered her to the veterinary centre, and after quite a few xrays and tests, they put her down the same day. There was a fifty-fifty chance of success, the mare (although very healthy and fit) was an 18-year-old TB, and she wasn’t insured. I probably would have made the same decision, and been just as heartbroken. I am so thankful that Kip’s broken shoulder turned out as well as it did, even though it seemed to cost the world at the time.