It only took:
- All morning
- One VERY expensive metagem (160g)
- One piece of blue head armor to have a slot that took a metagem
- Heavy Clefthoof leggings so that I could socket two blue gems without wiping out the +16 attack power gems on my regular legs (the proc requires more blue gems than yellow gems)
- Drums of Battle
- A priest to mind control the shaman and spawn the spirit wolves
- A shammy to pop Heroism (thanks, Miz!)
- And a macro to target the wolf and trigger Tame Beast.
All of this was necessary because Tame Beast has a twenty-second cast time, and the spirit wolf dies in seven seconds. Timing heroism with getting the gem to proc was a nightmare. We gave up and I hearthed back to Allerian before I realised that I had forgotten to use the Drums of Battle. Several flights and a boat ride later, I had my wolf.
Please don’t point out the obvious downside to all of this that this is a level 30 wolf…I just think of him as a rare vanity pet. :D
And of course, I had to make Ironforge my first stop after taming, just to pose. I never said that I was immune to the lure of epeen. lol…