There comes a time when you need to grab yourself by the scruff of the neck, give yourself a good hard shake, and say “make up your mind”. All of those touchy-feely-crunchy-granola terms that basically come down to one thing: live, or don’t. Do it, or do nothing.
And so, while no real change is instantaneous, you do need to start somewhere. So, yesterday I did the following things:
1. Walked at lunch, walked after work. I have blisters on my feet and I’m crippling up and down the stairs…I suppose it would have been smarter to not be wearing high-heeled boots. :)
2. Ate rice, fruit and some beef for lunch. Yogurt for dinner. No junk.
3. Got a lot of work accomplished, and decided to not be part of the next stage of the freelance project- I’ll get paid for this part, and be done with it.
4. I had some cuddle time with a purring cat who slept with her head on my thigh while I read. It was one of the strays from the back garden, since Laurence just doesn’t do cuddles, but it felt so relaxing.
5. I logged into EVE and started some training…it was all I had time for, but my self-imposed exile is over.
6. I thought about some projects that I haven’t had time for in ages…like the children’s book I’ve always wanted to write and illustrate.
And it all felt good. This is a chrysalis time, when I am still in my old life, but preparing to emerge into the new. It is time for a very big change, and I’m starting to see the shape of what I want to change to.