COVER DESIGN SERVICES
1. The fee for a book cover design package includes the following:
- A layered .PSD file containing flattened art and separate layers for text and and graphic flourishes.
- A full-size version (6×9″) for printed posters, swag, etc.
- An ebook version for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Amazon catalogue and Smashwords.
- A smaller promo file for blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- POD template .pdf file
- Audible/audio cover
2. Client may not need all of the services offered, but no reduction in price shall be given for services not utilised. POD templates and audio covers can be requested at any time after creation of the initial cover art (with the provision that I, Ravven, still offer book design services at that future date).
3. All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by Ravven to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client. Covers will not be shown, displayed or promoted until the client has published or revealed the cover.
4. Upon receipt of full payment, Ravven grants the client exclusive license to use the final cover design artwork (PDF, JPEG or other publishing-ready format) for his/her book and/or e-book cover and associated promotional materials including printed swag and also social media ads and promotion as long as said use does not conflict with the rights retained by original license holders of all stock used.
5. The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by Ravven through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book cover design. A list of all commercial stock sites where images were sourced from will be provided upon request. Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs and they cannot be distributed in any manner other than in the book cover design, as part of a completed composite image.
6. Ravven retains the right to use client’s final book cover design, name, and book title in her portfolio and promotion of her services, subject to the confidentiality clause stated above in item #2. Art without the title information may also be displayed in the artist’s portfolio sites.
7. If the client supplies Ravven with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
8. Ravven is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits or loss of business or reputation in any way related to her services. Ravven is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
9. Client agrees to pay all fees requested on the invoice upon approval of final book cover design. Ravven will not release finished files to the client or other parties until full payment has been received. The final payment is also final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated. Ravven retains the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be paid for a contracted job in the order specified in this agreement.
10. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions, written or oral, apply to this agreement that are not included herein.
11. The finding of any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable does not render the remaining provisions invalid or unenforceable.